Embedding adventure learning in your school
A fascinating day of workshops and keynotes to explore the philosophy and approaches of Adventure Learning Schools™ at Newton Rigg College, Penrith, on the 11th October 2013.
An excellent opportunity to follow through from Caroline Carr’s recent visit to the Westminster Education Forum and to discuss how outdoor learning can support the implementation of the new National Curriculum.
A keynote address from Professor David Hopkins, Founder of Adventure Learning Schools.
“Leadership of an Adventure Learning School and the response to the current OSTED focus”
Workshop topics include:
- Questioning skills
- Adventure Learning in Specialist Schools
- Primary Adventure Maths
- Secondary Adventure Maths
- Assessing the effectiveness of Adventure Learning
- Developing a Year 7 adventure learning curriculum
- Adapting an enquiry-based curriculum to the new Primary Framework