Welcome back to the Autumn Term
To kick-start the year,Canon Peter Hall CE Primary School sent their Foundation Team for a morning of Teambuilding and collaborative working with OLC at Cherry Garth Scout Camp Site.
Using the natural woodland environment we explored ways to develop inter-personal working through a range of sensory and very practical activities.
The morning ended with a team challenge to prepare lunch using open fire cooking.
Thanks team for your feedback, fun approach and enthusiasm for the day
“Given me ideas of how to incorporate outdoor learning within the unit”
“Good ideas for Forest School activities”
“Night line an exceptional experience!”
INSET Training availble to schools wishing to develop Outdoor & Adventurous
Activities, Teambuilding and Personal Capabilities or Embedding Outdoor Curriculums
Contact Caroline at firstname.lastname@example.org
Outdoor Learning Consultancy would like to invite schools to a CPD event that provides feedback from the:
Westminster Education Forum Keynote Seminar: Implementing the new National Curriculum.
This 2 day training and facilitated learning event will provide an overview into the new national curriculum and discuss how outdoor learning can support teaching & learning across subject areas.
Dates: Day 1: Monday 14th October 2013
Day 2: Thursday 6th February 2014
Venue: Cherry Garth Scout Campsite, Humberston, DN35 4SJ
Time: 9.30 am – 3.30 pm
Delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Discuss the delivery of the new National Curriculum
- Explore: Beyond the Programmes of Study: towards a rounded curriculum
- Investigate ways to develop soft skills such as ‘confidence’ & ‘resilience’ through embedding outdoor pedagogies to deliver core knowledge
- Embed core skills in Literacy, Numeracy & Science across the curriculum
- Experience practical outdoor activities to support teaching & learning
- Evaluate and review current curriculums
- Enhance opportunities for outdoor teaching pedagogies
- Develop action plans to embed outdoor learning into new curriculums
Book: Caroline Carr:
Cost: 1st Delegate @£160 / 2nd delegate @ £80
Closing Date: Friday 4th October 2013