Outdoor Learning Consultancy training, residentials and consultancy for schools and outdoor education providers.
Caroline Carr is director of Outdoor Learning Consultancy LTD, a provider of outdoor & environmental education and training. Caroline has developed training programmes to support CPD for outdoor educators and teachers. Through her background in the outdoors she has an understanding of a wide range of teaching and learning pedagogies and is interested in innovative and creative ways to inspire teachers and learners.
A qualified teacher with experience in both schools, as a senior leader, and outdoor centres as an instructor, Caroline has a love of the outdoors whether river, sea or mountain. She studied at Charlotte Mason College in the Lake District for her first degree in Environmental Science & Outdoor Studies, has a MA in Education and is a UKCC Level 3 Canoe Coach.
“Life is a journey… Where do you want to go today?”
Her journey into the environment has taken her around the world from the araucarias of Southern Chile to the jungles and deltas of Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Embedding Outdoor Learning into School Curriculums – feedback from the Westminster Education Forum Keynote Seminar
- Adventure Learning Schools Conference – workshop through Institute for Outdoor Learning
- Science Co-ordinator CPD Training
Beyond the Classroom : an outdoor learning conference for teachers – N.E.Lincolnshire
- Developing School Grounds: Yarborough Academy & Littlecoates Primary School
- Sir John Mogg School, Detmold, Germany: Outdoor Learning Conference : Assessing & Reviewing Outdoor Learning
- Bishop Grosseste: visiting lecture on Developing Outdoor Ideology in Outdoor Education
- Lindley Festival: Workshop delivery on Darwin Thinking Walks
- Institute for Outdoor Learning: Northern Region Conference
- University of Cumbria: visiting lecture on MA Outdoor Curriculums Module
- CLOtC Conference 2012 : Raising Attainment through LOtC : Deane Valley